Site Map

Mobile Users: Use our Site Map if the menu doesn't work :)

1.22.2012

Crock Pot BBQ Chicken













I found this recipe on Pinterest last week and I tried it last night.  It was just as easy as it sounds and very good!  It's not often I find a recipe that I file in the back of my mind, and realize I have everything in the house for it.


I've never had chicken in a crock pot before.  So, I was surprised to see how tender it was.  You didn't even need a knife to cut it.  The best part?  The kids ate it without a problem.


Ingredients:
  • 4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (mine were still frozen)
  • 1 bottle of BBQ Sauce (I didn't quite use the whole thing)
  • 1/4 cup vinegar
  • 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
  • 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
  • 1 tsp Garlic Powder



Directions:
Mix all of the ingredients together and put in the crock pot with the chicken.  Cook on Low for 4-6 hours (Although, my crock pot doesn't ever cook in the right amount of time, so mine was on high).  You don't have to stir it, but I occasionally would flip the chicken.  Enjoy!



Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. The Chicken sounds delicious! Thanks for the recipe ...... I am always looking for something new and easy to make for supper. I Pinned it!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DeDa! I am always looking too and I love crock pot recipes. With 4 kids, it makes it so much easier. The advantage with this was that I used the frozen chicken so there was no problem that I forgot to lay it out that morning. That's what drew my attention on Pinterest. It was too easy not to share.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy, thanks for sharing. I love using my crock pot and finding new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds wonderful! Have to try it! Stopping by on the Alexa Drop hop. Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I this freezing cold weather in CT, I have starting using my crock-pot more tan ever. The chicken looks very tempting and the recipe easy. Sold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the recipe! I love crockpot meals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love easy crock pot meals and this is a great one, gonna try it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it when i find good recipes. its a bonus when its a crock pot recipe since they are so easy and helpful timewise. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds really good. I love using the slow cooker. Food is always so much more tender.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This recipe sound good . I've never tried cooking bbq chicken in a crock pot. I will try this because my family loves chicken and bbq.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such an awesome and easy recipe to do! I will have to try it out one of these days. Perfect for cold weather too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have found so many recipes on Pinterest that I'd like to try. BBQ chicken is always a good choice. I always take the skin off before cooking. I also like to shred it and serve it on a sandwich roll with a side of coleslaw or potato salad.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ Comments. Leave one here!