Site Map

Mobile Users: Use our Site Map if the menu doesn't work :)

5.06.2010

A week to plan a 4 Year Old Birthday Party...

My son will be 4 next week.  Its so hard to picture him as a "kid" since to me, he is still my baby.  He's at the age where he's now choosing his birthday theme instead of relying on me to choose from Mickey Mouse or Handy Manny.

So, this year, he went with the Monster Jam Theme.  He LOVES Monster Jam, more specifically, Grave Digger.  But he is starting to get into Blue Thunder and Monster Mutt, but Grave Digger will always be a favorite.  So, with that in mind, I leisurely make a trip to the party store.  After all, they would have Monster Jam theme, right?  WRONG!  Every store I've called, most don't even have a balloon.  A week left until his birthday party and not a monster truck napkin or plate to be found!

I decide to order a Monster Truck moonwalk for the backyard.  I'm so excited about it and even Conner is really excited about it.  I call to order, that one is the most popular and it's booked for weeks in advance. :(  So, we settled on the Space Ship moonwalk....maybe he won't notice??? 

I was going to make Monster Jam temporary tattoos with the tattoo paper at Michaels, but they were out.  There is still time. I'm going to try to find these babies again tomorrow.

I quickly order a Grave Digger pinata online.  This will be exciting for him since he's never seen one. Thankfully, it arrived on time too! :)  And it looks cool!

So, I'm creative, I can figure something out....I have to.  I have a Grave Digger pinata with a Spaceship Moonwalk. Then, it hits me!  I don't do this often but I can make rubber stamps.  So, I take an image of the famous Grave Digger and turn him into rubber!  And Voila!  Grave Digger is on my coordinating purple and green napkins (colors of Grave Digger).  I was going to make goodie bags with the same stamp, but at the last second I found a store with limited Monster Jam party supplies.  

So, here are the final napkins!  I'm quite proud of them, being a last minute idea that happened to work.  And not only that, my husband, who usually doesn't have much to say about anything called them "Sweet!" :D  When I get a second to sit down, most likely after the party this weekend, I will be listing these custom rubber stamps for people to use for weddings, birthdays and baby showers.  No need to mapquest all of the party supply stores in the tri-state area looking for enough coordinated supplies for one party!  Get a custom stamp and your napkins, cups, etc. and P-A-R-T-Y!

I should note that this isn't with any ordinary inks pads for the napkins.  The brand "StazOn" inkpad is the way to go. I'm not sure if there is another brand of the same ink but, StazOn is known to not bleed and make a gross looking image over time and it will not make a mess on your hands and face when you use the napkin. I've tested with 3 different ink pad brands and StazOn really works.


And just to throw this in...I did make his invites also...according to theme!  A Monster Jam All Access Pass ticket for our of our guests!  I still have shopping to do but I will be putting toy Monster Trucks as his cake toppers too.

Happy 4th Birthday Oosah! I wub you!
Pin It!

21 comments:

  1. You are so stinkin cute! Oh, and you're so helping me with Rosemary's first birthday party now. :)

    Glad you found and made some stuff for him. Can't believe he's already 4!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's crazy how fast time flies. Don't blink, Rosemary will be 4 before you know it.

    My little piece of advice for party planning, allow yourself more than a week. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Taryn - so glad my numbered comments tutorial worked for you. It's such a time-saver. Plus I love it when things WORK.

    Lovely blog - you're such a talented photographer. Hugs from the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome theme. Mine just watched his first Monster Jam match this last weekend and he will be 3 in November. All I could hear from the living room (between him and my husband) was "oh...cool! yes...smoke! It was fun. Very inventive on the napkins AND on bday supplies. I will be coming to see your new stuff very soon. (July!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Susie Thank you so much. I was a lot easier to setup than I originally thought.

    @FantasyDreamKnits Aww! That's about when Conner became a fan too. You'll be surrounded by toy monster trucks in no time! Thanks for the comments. I'll be having a party in July for the twins too so I'll be sure to post more ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy early Birthday to your son! :) Thanks for stopping by for Friday Follow! Have a great weekend.


    Tree (aka Mother of Pearl)
    Mother of Pearl It Is
    Mommies Faves Top Sites and Blogs
    Button Connection by Tree

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello I am following from follow friday and wanted to say hello! Stop by and follow me if you like:)
    Jennette
    http://www.smartandtrendymoms.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from Friday Follow to say Hi! I am your newest follower!

    Please stop by and see my review on Molly's Money Making Digest:
    http://bit.ly/adcjFP

    And enter my giveaway for Peter Rabbit Children's Products:
    http://bit.ly/a9kCNz

    ReplyDelete
  10. From FF
    Take a minute an check my blog out if you haven't already.
    I have lots of great giveaways going on.
    Thanks :)

    ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the napkins, what a great image!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your little guy has a wonderful birthday!
    I'm your latest follower through FF! I hope you'll stop by my blog at http://scfitz1972.blogspot.com and say hello.
    Sharon☺

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello!
    I stopped by through It's Better Handmade on Facebook. I was reading your post on Etsy, Artfire, etc. I have a shop in both Etsy and Artfire and thanks to your blog i'm going to find the other store as well. Thanks!
    PS. I'm now a follower

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Friday Follow.
    I am a new follower. Hope you can stop by and follow me too. :)
    ~Cindi

    http://littleyayasandblessed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm now your newest follower.

    Have a GREAT day!

    www.couponclippindaddy.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww! Happy 4th Bday!!

    I'm here from Follow Me Back Tuesday! I'm your newest blog stalker..thanks for linking up!

    http://boobiesbabiesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look at you!! You're the coolest mom ever!! I hope he enjoyed his party :)

    Thanks for swinging by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just planned our own 4y party and wish I'd had such cool napkins! WTG!

    Thanks for stopping by Webster's Updates and leaving such a nice comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just planned our own 4y party and wish I'd had such cool napkins! WTG!

    Thanks for stopping by Webster's Updates and leaving such a nice comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello!
    I stopped by through It's Better Handmade on Facebook. I was reading your post on Etsy, Artfire, etc. I have a shop in both Etsy and Artfire and thanks to your blog i'm going to find the other store as well. Thanks!
    PS. I'm now a follower

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE the napkins, what a great image!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ Comments. Leave one here!