Site Map

Mobile Users: Use our Site Map if the menu doesn't work :)

1.01.2014

[Book Review] How to Raise a Happy Child (and be happy too)

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
Well, it is that time of year again.  That time of year that we make promises to ourselves that we will better ourselves for us and for our families.  Sometimes, it’s a change in diet, or a keeping our spirits and motivation high for a life change.  Mine always includes something about being a better mother to my kids.  I’ve never claimed to be perfect, even as hard as I try, I do have several things I want to change in the way I (and my husband) parent our four lively children.

I started reading How to Raise a Happy Child (and be happy too) by Heather Criswell and Taryn Voget, some time ago and it has lit a fire in me to get started right away.


Four kids, 2 businesses, and a husband who is always away for work, I tend to get frustrated quick, sometimes too quick at the sound of bickering, or the screeching sound of my daughter’s cry, or scream (that is clearly only to get her brothers in trouble).  I learned in the scenarios how to handle different situations (including homework battles, manners, public temper tantrums, potty training, and more).  With each scenario, it is broken down into steps to think of the energy I’m bringing to the situation, what I want out of the situation for me and my child(ren) and when it’s all over, I’m left with gift I am giving my child (if I did it right).  When it is dissected into parts, I can see where I go wrong in my own situations with my kids.

I love how the book explains that being a successful parent is not dependent on how our children act or their own successes.  This point is especially important for all parents to hear and for me, a relief. 




Heather and Taryn really put parenting in a different perspective for me.  For once, I see a situation from both ends and can logically put together a solution for all of us.  

Find them on the WWW
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a great book! thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great book that I could definitely use some helpful advise

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ Comments. Leave one here!